Giving back while decluttering can be one of the most positive experiences while moving. Depending on what you are getting rid of, there are multiple non-profits that would be ecstatic to take your pre-loved items.
1. Goodwill: These are typically easy to find, and Goodwill employs those who otherwise would not be able to find work! You can learn more about Goodwill’s services here.
2. Dress for Success: Looking to donate business professional clothing? Dress for success is a global company that helps build closets for those looking to join the workforce. Read up on the Dress for Success mission & help a great cause.
3. Out of The Closet: Deemed the world’s most fabulous thrift store, Out of The Closet offers free HIV/AIDs testing with the profits made from resale. Check them out here
4. Share Your Soles: Perfect for those living in Chicago and looking to donate worn shoes, find your specific drop off location.
1. Habitat for Humanity: Many Habitat for Humanity offices will come to your home to pick up fridges, washers, dryers etc. to be utilized when building new homes for the less fortunate! The process to donate large appliances can be found here.
2. The Salvation Army: The Salvation Army makes pick up seamless online, with the ability to schedule a specific pick up time appointment for your specific appliance. They assist over 23 million people a year with their donations!