Moving to the Bay Area? Whether you have a full house, or it’s just you, San Francisco is full of culture, local charm and amazing outdoor views. Enjoy our guide of our favorite San Francisco local hot spots!
Best Places to Dine
1. State Bird Provisions: Located in the Fillmore district, State Bird Provisions’s ever-changing menu keeps on thing consistent: their state bird entree incorporating the California State Bird, quail. With a large offering of appetizers & cocktails State Bird Provisions is a great date night option in San Fran.
1529 Fillmore St, San Francisco, CA 94115
2. Sandrino: Catch a San Fran slice at Sandrino! Their cozy atmosphere & specialty pies make it one of the best pizza offerings in the Golden State. Indulge in a glass of Italian wine or craft beer for a great happy hour destination.
45 Caledonia St, Sausalito, CA 94965
3. Arsicault Bakery: This French style bakery is a favorite by locals due to their made in house pastries. Eat a scone on sight or take a croissant to go!
397 Arguello Blvd, San Francisco, CA 94118
Best Places to Visit
1. See the Painted Ladies: One of the most well-known landmarks in San Francisco, the Painted Ladies are home to some of the most prominent U.S sitcoms to date (think Full House).
2. Explore Presidio: A historical military. base, Presidio has been repurposed as one of the most beautiful outdoor recreational areas in San Francisco. Multiple hiking & biking trails will lead you straight to the Golden Gate Bridge.
3. Visit the De Young Museum: If you’re a lover of the fine arts check out the De Young Art Museum located in Golden Gate Park. Not only does the De Young museum offer great exhibitions, they offer a great view of the city.
Best Places for Kids
1. Visit Muir Woods: Located North of San Francisco, Muir Woods is a beautiful national park home to towering redwoods. Multiple trails amongst Muir Woods give you amazing views of the Pacific Ocean.
2. Take a Cable Car Ride: Take a ride on the worlds last manually operated cable car with the whole family. The San Francisco cable cars run over 6 acres of the city and are a local favorite.
3. Visit Pier 39: Great for entertaining the kids, Pier 39 offers food, live performances, games and attractions and views of some California Sea Lions!